RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
definition of a Quarter

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Enhanced Evaluation Questions View previous topic
View next topic

definition of a Quarter
sharonh

Post definition of a Quarter Reply with quote
Is a quarter of EES strictly a calendar/academic quarter or if we do not use 11 in quarter (ie use 8) can we get 3 more in additional quarter?

Although I do not plan to do this, theoretically could a person send in 3 per quarter for 3 quarter and 2 the last quarter? I know this has been hinted at before(the ability to spread a "quarter" of EES out over the whole year), but I don't recall it ever been actually answered.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:20 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
No a quarter is contained to your academic quarter... so if you don't use it, you lose it Wink. (kind of like my husband's vacation days!) I emphasize your academic quarter, b/c we don't specifiy that your quarter take exactly 9 weeks from the day you start... there is always wiggle room with that. HTHs!

Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mrsD

Post definition of quarter Reply with quote
Megan, Just to confirm - if we have days where we do not have "school" due to unforeseen circumstances, is that day not included in the 9-week count? Or, if we do not get through the scheduled work load for a certain day, which sets back quizzes, tests, etc., is there a problem (specifically for a 9th grader going for Magna and honors)? Thank you!
Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
It's really up to you... Take your entire year, divide by 4, and that's your quarter... some families work an entire year for school, taking off a month for advent, or other months. Some do a very traditional school year, and what gets done in 9 weeks is their quarter... regardless of reaching a goal of reaching a point in the material.

For the Standard or magna diploma, this works fine. For the Summa (or if you want a certain course designation), where you need to finish quarterly exams or meet other goals for credit , it's going to be defined by reaching a certain goal in the material.

Hoping that is clear...

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:08 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Enhanced Evaluation Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: