RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
We got our welcome packet...wow...overwhelming..

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » General Counseling View previous topic
View next topic

We got our welcome packet...wow...overwhelming..
journey00

Post We got our welcome packet...wow...overwhelming.. Reply with quote
What is the best way to go through all this paperwork & digest what is necessary to turn in for a transcript?

Can someone give me an example of how they separated everything & got organized? We are not following anything of Kolbe's curriculum, I'm substituting everything. Should I put away the lesson plans since
I'm substituting every subject? Sorry for all the questions. My daughter is in 7th grade.

Thank you in advance.
Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Here's a quick summary:

Keep: Course of Study form, Quarterly Report Checklist (4 - 1 per quarter), Attendance record (if you want us to have this on file), Report cards (1 cardstock for your permanent record, 4 white ones - 1 for you to send in to us each quarter)
Throw-Away: All lesson plans (since you aren't using them)
Keep for now: All other informational things that you might want to just read through as time permits.

To do quarterly reporting:

1) Keep at least one written and graded sample per quarter per course that you want credit for.
2) Assign grades for each course (A-F) that you want credit for.
3) Turn in (written in the order we like to receive quarterly report packets):
1st quarter: Quarterly Report Checklist, Course of Study form, 1st Quarter Report Card, Sample work (easiest if you put in order that the subjects are listed on the report card)
2nd quarter: Quarterly Report Checklist, 2nd Quarter Report card, Sample Work
3rd quarter: Quarterly Report Checklist, 3rd Quarter Report card, Sample Work
4th quarter: Quarterly Report Checklist, Attendance Record, 4th Quarter Report card, Sample Work

If you end up submitting electronically, it is most convenient if you can scan each of the quarterly packets to a PDF and email it. But we also accept them in other formats for your convenience (i.e. some people just attache .jpgs for each of the pages to an email)

Hope that helps!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:52 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
journey00

Post Reply with quote
Yes, helps a bunch! Ty!
Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » General Counseling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: