RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
I would like to see a more flexible EES

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Enhanced Evaluation Questions View previous topic
View next topic

I would like to see a more flexible EES
aargh42

Post I would like to see a more flexible EES Reply with quote
I really like the idea of the Enhanced Evaluation Service, but I had signed up for the second quarter and quickly found that I really didn't need to use the 15 papers allowed for one quarter. I would like to see a more flexible plan for the families who don't necessarily need that much assistance. Perhaps it could be $70. for 15 papers spread out over the course of a year. Just a suggestion. But, I really think there needs it needs to be more flexible. I feel I really need the occasional feedback but feel compelled to grade some papers myself and am not sure I am doing an adequate job. SG in NM Very Happy
Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:08 am View user's profile Send private message
ldeal

Post flexible EES Reply with quote
I agree that it would be nice to be able to pay an amout of money that would cover the cost of 10 assignments/family and then when those are used up have the option to purchase more in groups of 10. I did feel that the feedback on the writing was very valuable for my 10th grader. So, I am very grateful for the availability of the service, but would also appreciate charging by the number of assignments evaluated - unrestricted by quarter and/or student.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Mary Rowles

Post Reply with quote
The keys to understanding our approach to the initial launch of the EES are our absolute dedication to providing flexibility to our families and our desire to provide an excellent customer service experience. In considering how to structure the program, we wanted to provide flexibility by allowing the submission of up to 15 papers per quarter. We did not want people to feel obligated to send in the entire 15 pieces of work, just as we didn’t specify which items to send in—it’s just not how we operate. We also wanted to make sure our staffing was satisfactory to meet the expectations of our customers who chose to use the EES. In order to do this, we in essence needed some hard and fast financial commitments, hence the quarterly and yearly prices, i.e., we needed to reduce the potential financial variability.

The need to make the pricing “per student” rather than “per family” is to ensure that individual students are matched up with the most appropriate Academic Advisor. It is probably obvious, but it also makes a difference whether we are receiving 10-15 pieces of work from a 6th Grade student versus from a high school senior. So we don’t see that aspect changing. As it is, at the $85 per quarter price from last year for a high school student, that’s only $5.67 per paper, not counting re-writes and re-submissions—an absolute bargain by any measure.

Regarding the idea of a more flexible submission/pricing model, we are willing to consider a “block of papers” approach. This would still need to have a per student per level pricing approach. It presents some challenges for us internally as far as record keeping and tracking that we will need to work out before rolling out such a plan.

In Jesus and Mary,
Mary Rowles
Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message
aargh42

Post EES Flexibility Reply with quote
I most certainly understand the finacial aspect of the program as well as the need to match advisors with students, and also the per student price which I paid. I also appreciate the consideration of a "block" price per student. My challenge is with my high schooler, thats why I feel the need for more flexibility. As I mentioned in my post I had signed up for one quarter and found the need to submit only one paper. At that rate it was $70. for one paper. I would be willing to commit at the beginning of a school year to a set number of papers for a specified price per student according to grade. But, for me it isn't finacially feasible to use it the way it is designed right now. What should I do if I need help with just one paper here and there? SG
Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:57 am View user's profile Send private message
bridget

Post # of papers! Reply with quote
I'm already having the opposite problem of-- I CAN ONLY SEND 15!!!?????????? I am so impressed with Anastasia's notes and corrections for my ninth graders that I want to send her ALL of their papers! (Plus they work harder on the papers we are sending in than on the ones I correct... hmmmm.... Confused
Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Adam Jackmann

Post Re: I would like to see a more flexible EES Reply with quote
aargh42 wrote:
I really like the idea of the Enhanced Evaluation Service, but I had signed up for the second quarter and quickly found that I really didn't need to use the 15 papers allowed for one quarter. I would like to see a more flexible plan for the families who don't necessarily need e cig that much assistance. Perhaps it could be $70. for 15 papers spread out over the course of a year. Just a suggestion. But, I really think there needs it needs to be more flexible. I feel I really need the occasional feedback but feel compelled to grade some papers myself and am not sure I am doing an adequate job. SG in NM Very Happy
I am not familiar with this service. Please give me some idea about this things. I hope this will help me to find my expertise part.

Last edited by Adam Jackmann on Sun May 25, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 07, 2014 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Celeste Cuellar

Post Reply with quote
Hi Adam,

The Enhanced Evaluation Service is detailed on our website http://www.kolbe.org/homeschool/enrollment-types/enhanced-evaluation-service/ It's a way for parents to get grading assistance from the advisors here at Kolbe. Most parents use it to send in their student's writing, but we accept work from all subjects.

It's available for grades 3-12, a block of 20 submissions is $280. It can be used for all the enrolled students in your home, for any subject, even non-Kolbe curriculum, and it can be spread out over the year.

The website goes into much more detail, but I hope this snapshot helps.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
Celeste Cuellar, MA
Dean of Students & Families
Thu May 15, 2014 1:31 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Enhanced Evaluation Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: