RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
EES for non-Kolbe courses?

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Enhanced Evaluation Questions View previous topic
View next topic

EES for non-Kolbe courses?
momgineer

Post EES for non-Kolbe courses? Reply with quote
Hello- I am considering signing up for EES for 4th quarter 8th grade. We are using mostly Kolbe plans with the exception of English/Comp. We are using a beta version of Lingua Mater 8 by Margot Davidson. Since most of what I want evaluated is writing, I am wondering if I can send in assignments from this course for evaluation as some of my 12 assignments to be evaluated. I would also be sending in the history paper and religion essay from the Kolbe course plans, but some of the papers I would want evaluated would be English/Comp from LM8. If I sent in a copy of the assignment and her paper, could this be evaluated or do you only do Kolbe assignments? Thank you.
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:44 am View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Yes we can do compositions as long as we know the assignments (you always specify what the assignment was regardless of whether it is in our curriuculum or not). For example, we often will evaluate book reports on books that are not in our literature plans. There are obviously some limitations to the type of feedback we can give for things we don't have access to (mainly content-wise), but your evaluator will always let you know what those limitations were (if any) when you get the evaluation back.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
momgineer

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Megan. When things calm down here, I will sign up. (We are selling our house and in the middle of decluttering and repairs so we are taking a couple of weeks off)
Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:29 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » Enhanced Evaluation Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: