RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Help! Testing screw up!

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » General Counseling View previous topic
View next topic

Help! Testing screw up!
acornstooaks

Post Help! Testing screw up! Reply with quote
Hello....oh what a year we've had. The kids loved homeschooling, but our family has suffered some very difficult and traumatic events. This made it very difficult to keep up with everything and in the process, I completely forgot about the standardized testing that is required in our state and I am in a complete panic now. Can someone please offer advice on this. I truly don't know where to begin.

It appears that the tests needed to be administered during a certain time frame / window and that I missed it. Now what??? I am terrified I will be told I can't continue schooling since I didn't get this in on time for this last school year.

Our State HS agency gives a (long) list of testing companies available, but I don't know the differences between them and if there are any that are available at this time of year.

Any help or advice will be great appreciated!! Thank you so much!
Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
sharonh

Post Reply with quote
If you are a member of HSLDA contacting them might be helpful with regard to missing the deadline.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Our testing will start up again most likely in November or December... maybe you can get an extension? Another option is to use Seton's testing. It isn't a full battery of tests so you'll need to make sure it is acceptable for your state's requirement. The use the CAT-E test. But I second Sharon's opinion in contacting HSLDA to see what options you may have that you aren't thinking of.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
acornstooaks

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the responses! I found a wonderful place here in NC...they offer the IOWA all year round and are sending it out today. No extension necessary...evidently I just need to have the results on file if the state ever asks. Ahhhhhh...great sigh of relief! Smile
Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:48 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » General Counseling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: