RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Getting caught up at end of year

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » General Counseling View previous topic
View next topic

Getting caught up at end of year
fleischdoc

Post Getting caught up at end of year Reply with quote
We are just finishing 3rd quarter for most subjects with my 7th grade daughter. We have a had a rough few years with now 4 year old twins that can be very distracting and she has a 4th grade sister that tends to take more of my time to get through her basics. She generally works pretty hard, but has gotten behind mainly due to me trying to balance everyone. SO, I was looking for a good strategy to get through 4th quarter a tad more quickly- I would like to actually have some time off for summer before next year starts Smile. This is our first year with Kolbe and I am trying to simplify some things (doing much orally rather than written etc) but I don't want to skip too much in an atttempt to get done. Any advice?
Thanks!
Lisa
Wed May 04, 2011 12:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Hi Lisa-
Honestly I would highly recommend calling and talking to Dianne Muth. She is awesome in giving advice on where to cut back, but would be able to help you more over the phone: 707-255-6499 ext. 5.

If you let me know what your math/science status is right now, I can give you some advice on that.

Wed May 04, 2011 4:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fleischdoc

Post math and science Reply with quote
For math we are using MathUSee Prealgebra and we are to week 17- I took a break to review integers as she was having problems. I plan on working all summer with math as this is her week subject and I think it will take regular work to get her ready for algebra.

For science, we are at the end of week 8 of Q3. The past 2 weeks I have had her to do 2 days at a time for reading and answering the questions if the reading is not too long, and we have not been doing the labs-just reading over them. We did study astronomy last year so I am hoping we can somehow speed through the 4th quarter?

Lisa
Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Megan Lengyel

Location: Alpharetta, GA; formerly, Napa, CA; originally St. Louis, MO

Post Reply with quote
Hey Lisa-

Honestly, you could probably just throw in the towel for science, especially given that you've already done Astronomy. That should take a lot off of your plate and allow her to finish the more important subjects like English and Math. I really don't see any harm in this at all. Then I'd just take Exam 6 and use that as your fourth quarter stopping point for grades... then adjust backwards.

Sounds like you have your math plan all set!

Hope this helps. Megan

Thu May 05, 2011 3:51 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fleischdoc

Post Thanks! Reply with quote
Thanks for your input Megan- it does help. I will give Diane a call about the other subjects.
Lisa
Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Kolbe Academy Forum Index » General Counseling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: